Saturday, January 29, 2011

Let's play catch up

I've been absent from my blog for a couple of weeks... not that anybody noticed.  lol

I had my top two wisdom teeth pulled about 10 days ago, and I am *finally* feeling better.  I ended up with dry socket.  Again.  Yesterday was the first day that I didn't take Tylenol for the pain.  YEAH me.  The blood clots that form immediately after an extraction are suppose to protect the open cavity that is created when you have a tooth pulled.  They are suppose to remain in tact until the gums finally close up the hole in a week or so.  My clots dissolve within two days... which leaves that empty space wide open and exposed to food, air, water, your tongue... whatever.  And when something gets in there and touches that exposed bone... YOWZA.  It hurts.  I also had to be very careful that they didn't become infected.  That happened to me 19 years ago when I had my bottom wisdom teeth removed.  Again, the clots dissolved within a day or two, and I got dry socket... and then two nasty infections.  All this, one week before my wedding.  It was awful.  I sat up in bed crying on my wedding night because I was in so much pain.  Tooth pain is just the worst, don't you think?

Yesterday I got a phone call from the principal informing me that Megan was being suspended due to fighting.  HUH?  Yep, she was involved in an altercation, that she apparently started, so she has been suspended while it is all being "investigated".  We'll see what comes of that.

I finally applied for my passport this week.  We leave for Ireland in less than 30 days, and I have just NOW applied for my passport.  Yep, cutting it a little close.  I like to live on the edge.  I am now holding my breath until I get it in my hot little hands.

We have finally decided on where we're going after Dave retires.  Even though he has his Master's in Secondary Education, he still has not received his teachers license or certification.  So, we'll go home and stay with mom and dad while he does his student teaching and gets his licensure, and then we'll decide what to do and where to go from there.  Hopefully he'll be hired in the surrounding area at a local high school.  Time will tell.

Oh, and most importantly...

the Packers are going to the Super Bowl.  :)






.

No comments:

Post a Comment