Monday, October 4, 2010

Here I am



Sooooo... we're a military family, facing the transition into civilian life. After nearly 25 years of service, Hubby is preparing to retire.

I'm so blessed to have been able to stay at home for the past 16 years. Although, it has required many sacrifices. It has meant used cars, trips to the thrift store, no fabulous home theater system, no vacations to exotic destinations... but it has been so completely worth it.

Child #1 will be 16 soon, and he is in drivers ed. (Be *very* scared!)
Child #2 is a Freshman in high school.  And she has Down syndrome.

We are your typical Catholic family (minus about 11 kids! *snort*), and I speak of our faith often. It is a part of our daily lives, not just a one-hour time commitment on Sunday morning. If I tell you I am praying for you, you can count on it. I keep you in my daily prayers.

Hubby and I are both originally from Wisconsin (I like COWS!), and we miss it terribly. We used to think we'd be retiring back to the Motherland, but now I'm not so sure. It's true what they say, "You can never go home again":(


Because I'm totally lazy, this is copied directly from my facebook page:
My husband is my best friend. 
I love books & bookstores. 
I treat myself to a vanilla latte from Starbucks every once in awhile.
I like to play games... Scrabble, Pictionary, Clue, and Trivial Pursuit are a few of my favorites. 
Clowns scare me. 
I am Irish & German.
I enjoy hanging out with friends... especially catching up with those that I haven't seen in a while.
My faith is an important part of my life. 
Mexican food is my weakness. 
I love Sudoku. 
I miss Wisconsin terribly. 
Sometimes I *snort* when I laugh.
I hope to own a couple of horses someday. 
I love spending as much time with my family as possible. 
Guinness makes me *happy*. 
I play the flute... and I'm not too bad. 
I'd kill for my kids. 
I bleed Green & Gold (Go Packers!). 
I enjoy hunting, although haven't done it in YEARS. 
Cinderella is my favorite Disney Princess. 
We are a MAC family. 
I LOVE bacon. (Love it. That can not be overstated!) 
Hubby and I met in the Blue Stars Drum & Bugle Corps. 
Lilacs are my favorite flower. 
I get along great with my parents. 
I am a night owl, and hate getting up in the morning.
When I grow up I want to be a NICU/PICU nurse. 
I hate spiders. *full body shudder* 
I want to visit Ireland
As long as I'm in Ireland, I might as well visit Scotland, too. 
Belgium, Germany, Austria, & Switzerland are also on my list. 
My parents have been married for over 50 years. 
I can hold a grudge for a very LONG time. 
I think peanut butter & pickle sandwiches are yummy. 
Green is my favorite color. 
I was a cheerleader in high school. 
I grew up on a farm. 
Wonder Woman is my favorite superhero. 
I am child #4 out of 5. 
I love the snow, and everything involved with snow. 
There's nothing better than a blizzard... 
....except maybe a big, 'ole thunderstorm.

I am very blessed.





"The LORD bless and keep you;
the LORD make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn His face toward you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26


.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hooray! Nice to see you here! :)

Post a Comment