Wednesday, March 28, 2012

* * * Bedroom Re-Do * * *




This is what our bedroom has looked like for the past 9 months...  blah, bland, the walls have been spackled and it's been waiting for a fresh coat of paint, and I wanted to do "something" on the window wall.









Then I saw this picture on  Pinterest a couple of months ago.  I had to think about it for a few weeks, make sure that this is what I really wanted... I kept looking at it, looking for different ideas that I like better.  And finally decided that this was it.  Let's do it!!  So, I talked to my dad...





And this is what he came up with.  He made it to my specifications, and asked me a lot of questions as to shelf depth, spacing of shelves, size of the header, etc.  For now I've left the bottom area open, but I might have him put in a couple of drawers there.  I'm going to live with it as is for now, and just kind of "wait and see".  













My friend Candice made these little green felted flower balls for me.  She does a lot of crafts and hand made items, you can check out her talents at her her blog or on this auction site.  I've bought numerous things from her over the years.  I especially like her "Magic Slippers".  :)








You can find more of my dad's work online at Ken's Creations.  
Please contact him if you'd like something custom built.





.Pinterest

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my, I am SO jealous! Beautiful wall unit by your dad and done in my favorite color of all time! The Billy Buttons look PERFECT! The finished room is just perfect, so nice and relaxing.

Post a Comment