Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My dad, the Woodworker

You want some custom woodwork done?  Just ask my dad.  He has put together a nice wood shop over the years, and I think he can build just about anything.  Seriously.

I was on the Pottery Barn website, and found a living room table that I really liked.  So I printed a picture of it, handed it to dad, and asked him to build it for me.  I had it tweaked to my specifications, and this is what we ended up with.






This was the original table from Pottery Barn:





Here is my table in the "build" phase (unfortunately, I took these with my cell phone so they're  not the best quality)












I also needed a bench, shoe storage, blanket storage, and hooks for the entryway.  I explained my vision to Dad, gave him the dimensions I was looking for, and this is what he made for me:





Now I want to add a shelf above the coat hooks so that I can put some baskets up there
to hold our mittens, hats, scarves, etc.  



Would you like my Dad to do some work for you?
You can find him on Facebook at Ken's Creations.  Check him out!




.



No comments:

Post a Comment