So the thing with having a teenager is that they just don't know what they want to do with their life.
In the past 10 months, the Boy has changed his mind numerous times about his post-high school life...
- Prior to graduating, he had enrolled into the local university for Business Management
- Then a couple of weeks before graduation, he decided he wanted to go into the Marine Corps (OOH RAH!) He was put on a "Med Hold", and after a few weeks decided to not join the Marines
- Enrolled in the local community college for Law Enforcement
- A couple weeks later, he decided to stick it out with the Marines after all
- After a 7 month long, drawn out "med hold" at MEPS, he again decided to not join the Marine Corps
- Re-enrolled in the local community college for Law Enforcement
- NOW he has decided to go back and re-enroll with the local university for Business Management
To say we are a little frustrated with this kid is an understatement. My patience has been stretched to the limit. He continues to work at the local burger joint, usually getting 35-40 hours a week, and has just been promoted to Supervisor. When he's not at work, he's usually in his room playing video games. If we don't push him, I can see him being 35 yrs old, still living at home with mom and dad, still flipping burgers and playing video games. Somebody help me light a fire under this kid's butt.