1. My first born, my baby boy, is now a high school graduate. I blinked, and he grew up. The day after graduation, he enlisted in the Marine Corps. His tentative ship date is Nov 4th. I am so, so proud of the young man he has become. We did something right in 18 years of parenting... I'm not sure what or how, but we managed to raise a respectful, intelligent, funny, productive, honest, caring young man.
3. Megan was also diagnosed with PCOS last fall. (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) She was prescribed a couple of meds, and it seems to have corrected the issue. Now if we can figure out a way to fix her "teenage hormonal" attitude. *snort*
4. My mom, who is fighting breast cancer, is doing really well. For the past 18 months she's been taking one pill a day, and it keeps the tumors from growing.
5. My dad was recently diagnosed with bladder cancer. He started chemo last week, and is feeling good so far. After his chemo, he will have surgery to remove his bladder and prostate, and will learn to live life with a "bag". It's been a bit overwhelming learning that BOTH parents have cancer at the same time. I thank God every single day that I'm here and able to support them as they fight their battles.
6. Megan will be having oral surgery next week to remove two baby teeth that have fused to her jaw and three adult teeth that are impacted and growing in wonky directions. All five teeth will be removed, and she will then get a partial denture.
7. Dave and I are looking forward to going out to San Diego for Christopher's Boot Camp Graduation early next year. Tentatively, it looks like it will be in February. I think we'll take a few extra days and spend some time in the SoCal area... maybe go to the San Diego Zoo or DisneyLand.
8. My beloved van died. ....so sad.... But I downsized to a car, and now have a 5-speed Hyundai Elantra.... and it gets GREAT gas mileage! What a nice change. And it's a super fun little car to drive.